You are here


What do I do if…

My child is unwell and cannot attend the Academy?

Please telephone the Student Absence Line (01953 450340) before 08.30 and leave a message, including your child' name, form and the reason for the absence. Please ring each day of an absence. When your child returns to the Academy, please provide medical evidence if applicable, to support your child's absence. Please encourage your child to achieve 100% attendance.

My child has lost their Student Handbook/Planner?

Your child should tell their Form Tutor and collect a Student Handbook/Planner sheet from Student Reception. Students are expected to have their Student Handbook/Planner with them at all times! Replacement planners cost £3.00 at Student Reception.

There was an incident on the County coach whilst travelling to the Academy. What do I do?

Please inform us that something has happened but also contact Norfolk County Council on 0344 800 8020 who are responsible for the coaches.

My child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs. Who do I speak to about it?

Please contact Miss Sadler (Assistant SENCO).

My child has lost something. Who do I contact?

Please encourage your child to look for the item by re-tracing their steps. If they cannot find the item then please remind to check with Student Reception and if still unsuccessful, to go to Lost Property in the Inclusion Centre (Bridge). In our experience, items that are clearly named are normally returned to the student via notification to their Form Tutor that the item has been found. It is therefore advised that all your child's uniform and property are clearly named.

My child is being bullied over the internet outside of the Academy. What do I do?

Please inform the Academy although this is not within the jurisdiction of the Academy. We can however, make sure your child is safe at the Academy and inform the PCSO.

I am having difficulty loading money onto Wispay for my child's lunch. What do they do?

Cash can be brought to Student Reception at morning break to be loaded onto your child's Wisepay account. There is a safety buffer of £2.20 on your child's account for school meals. If issues persist, please contact the Office at or on 01953 452335.


Who do I contact if...

  • Something has happened to my child outside of the Academy that I think the Academy should know about
  • My child has a detention and I would like to know why
  • My child has a red/yellow card but I do not understand why
  • I have received a letter about my child’s attendance and have a query about it
  • I have a query about my child’s behaviour
  • My child is being bullied
  • My child has a broken leg and cannot walk up stairs
  • My child has lost clothing or property in the Academy and has been unsuccessful in following the advice shown above

Please contact a member of the SAFE Team on 01953 450342 and the Administrator will put you through to the relevant member of staff.